Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy new year!!!

the title of this blog is "im serious this time".

that is because this is my weight loss blog - and well, i AM serious.

im putting this on the internet ... for the world to see. i know the world is not really interested in my fat bum, but im thinking this may give me some extra motivation to get out to the gym and really lose the weight this year.

last january i weighed almost 200 pounds. over the course of the year i lost between 20 and 25 pounds. i wanted to lose 60 pounds. so obviously, i did not reach my goal. and im a little disappointed in myself.

so, in 2008 it is my goal to lose 45 pounds. i currently weigh, after all the holidays are thru
.... wait for it ....
183 pounds

i think this is not too lofty a goal. i have enlisted my friend "annie banani" from work to help me. she too is wanting to lose weight, and we both belong to the same gym. so, tomorrow morning at 615 am, we begin.

i have been pretty good, i would say, on my eating habits MOST of the time. i eat lean cuisine almost every day for lunch (which also prevents me from spending money in our caf). and i try to be reasonable about snacks ... in fact i rarely eat them, because i never go grocery shopping.
this, though, also causes issues, because it means we eat our for dinner frequently. this must also end in 2008.

so, blog. keep me motivated. i will eat healthy and i will work out. and i will get back into those cute clothes in the guest room closet!!!

No comments: